I’m not gonna lie, I’m writing this the night before it’s due to be published. Usually, last-minute blogging is no stranger to me, in fact I would consider myself very much an expert at it. But in a surprising turn of events, and organisation, I had actually scheduled in the last two weeks of content of my blog in advance.
I was riding on the coat tails of my efficiency, until I realised that it was now Monday night, and I had nothing to post for the next day. Good thing I’ve been tagged in some blogger-award-tag-things! I’ve been saving them for a rainy day (literally in this case, as it is pouring with rain in Sheffield as I type), and aren’t I glad I did.
For this tag, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the wonderful Jessica from Jessica Emily. She’s got a lovely little blog, and writes all about her fitness journey, travel and all things lifestyle. I’m currently drooling over her wedding photos that she currently has on her blog and her Instagram. It honestly looks like she had the greatest day!
The rules of the VBA:
- Give a shout out to the sweet blogger that nominated you.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10-15 more lovely bloggers for the award.
I’m always a bit apprehensive when it comes to these sorts of things, delivering facts about yourself. Mostly because I don’t really know what’s constitutes as a good fact. But I’ve had a new influx of readers as of late, so it would be nice to use this a good jumping off point to get to know me a little bit better.
1) I’m Portuguese and half-Swiss, but have been living in Britain ever since I was six years old. Let’s just say it made Brexit a little bit (a lot) awkward for me.
2) I’ve had a weird fascination with the North of England ever since I was fourteen. I think it sparked because I read a book by Sarra Manning about a girl who was from Brighton and moved to Manchester and basically met the love of her life, and ever since then I just really wanted to venture up north. (You can check out the book I’m talking about here)
3) I did Public Relations at university because I wanted to study something communications and media-y, but I originally wanted to do Creative Writing, however was talked out of it. I don’t necessarily regret my choices, but I do sometimes wish I chose something I bit more creatives that I could be really passionate about.
4) I can’t eat mushrooms. A lot of people seem to think I just don’t like them, but no, I can’t physically eat them without being really ill a day or so later.
5) I really want to travel on my own one day. I don’t know how, since I’m always poor and way to anxious to do that sort of thing (I’ve read one too many horrifying stories about young women going missing or dying when embarking on their travels), but it’s on the bucket list anyhow.
6) I took part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) every year for about five years, and took an unintentional break once I started university. I’m getting back into this year in full force, so be prepared for lots of novel writing-related posts this coming November! (Or maybe not, attempting to write a novel in a month is hard enough without having to factor in regularly scheduled blogging on top of that… I’ll keep you posted!)
7) My best friend’s mum gets me Parisian themed gifts every year for Christmas because I’ve low-key obsessed with Paris and all things French.
I nominate some of my favourite bloggers to take part:
(I know that’s not 10 people, but most bloggers I know have already been tagged in this and I don’t want to over-tag people)
Tell me a fact about yourself!